Now no need to spend $10 on this trendy Avocado sandwich! The perfect, simplest and the low-cost recipe for Smashed Avocado toast is here. And the plus-point is that it is perfectly Low-Carb and Gluten Free! So add this yummy meal to your today’s lunch.
For Smashed Avocado Toast, usually you don’t need any special kind of bread, but here I am using cloud breads for more flavors. Mix of coriander and garlic powder is added to make the toast more appetizing.
If you don’t want to use cloud bread, there is no need. You can use any low-carb bread of your choice.
Smashed Avocado Toast— Low-Carb
Topside rolls make the perfect Keto bread for this Smashed Avocado Toast. The bacon and blue cheese bring a perfect salty bite. . Mix of coriander and garlic powder is added to make the toast more appetizing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Okay Reviews
For the Cloud Bread
- 3 eggs , divided
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Granular Sweetener
- pinch of salt
For the Avocado Topping
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon , cooked then crumbled
For the bread
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Microwave the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds to soften it. Add coriander, garlic powder, egg yolks, swerve, and salt to the cream cheese and mix to combine.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until they have stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the egg whites gently so the whites do not deflate.
- On a lined baking sheet, spoon the mixture into 6 rounds.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the bread is lightly browned.
- Let it cool, by taking it out of the oven.
- Toast the bread in the toaster until it is crisp.
For the Topping
- Remove the peel and seed from the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork then add the lime juice and salt. Mix to combine.
- Smear 1/4 of the avocado mixture onto a piece of cloud bread, season with pepper, then add crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
You can store cloud bread in an uncovered bowl or bag in the refrigerator.