Few ingredients with appetizing Chicken Thighs meat using in these Shredded Crockpot Chicken Tacos with amazing taste and nutritiously rich.
People think that beef tacos are more mouthwatering than Chicken but after this Crockpot Chicken Tacos recipe the observation of people would be change I guess because it is amazing chicken taco meat you will ever eat.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS
This recipe for chicken taco meat really couldn’t be any easier. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, 6 to be exact, and I put them in the slow cooker. I then added salsa, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and salt.
I cooked the chicken taco meat in the slow cooker for 2 hours on high. You could do 4 hours on low as well. If your chicken is frozen, add 1 hour to the cook time.
After my Crockpot Chicken Tacos were finished cooking, I pulled them out of the crock pot and put them on a cutting board to cool a bit. I then poured the leftover juice from the slow cooker into a saucepan and turned it on high. I brought it to a rolling boil and reduced the liquid for about 15 minutes.
This actually concerted the flavor!
So while the sauce was reducing, I cut my chicken into cubes. You could also shred it if you like.
I then mixed the chicken with the sauce to finish off the Crockpot Chicken Taco meat. This is where the magic happened!
Now you just need to pick your favorite tortillas and toppings to complete your Crockpot Chicken Tacos! I used low carb tortillas, jacamar for some crunch, and cilantro. So tasteful!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
The mainly scrumptious chicken taco meat you will ever make using appetizing chicken thighs. This simple Crockpot Chicken Taco recipe is only 5 ingredients!
Course: dinner, lunch, Main Course
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Author: Okay Reviews
- 8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Jarred salsa (your favorite brand)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. If your chicken is freeze, add 40 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, take out just the chicken onto a cutting plank and set aside to cool.
- Pour the juice from the slow cooker into a saucepan and cook over high heat. Let the sauce boil quickly for 16 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- While the liquid is reducing, cut your chicken thighs into 1 inch dice. You can also shred the chicken if that’s what you prefer.
- Add the diced chicken to the saucepan with the reduced sauce and remove from the heat.
- Taste the chicken taco meat for seasoning and season with salt if needed. Serve with your favorite low carb tortillas and taco toppings. (nutrition is for taco meat only)
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 2g