Low-carb Philly cheese steak skillet is perfect for your dinner-table. Juicy steak cooked with bell-peppers and onions.. yummilicious!
This recipe is just simple and absolutely keto-friendly. Just add some simple spices (salt, pepper and garlic) and that’s it!
If you want to make it spicier, you can surely add any type of spices of your choice.
And feel free to use any kind of meat; it will be more juicy and tasty with ground beef or turkey or chicken breast.
Can I use another type of cheese?
American cheese, Cheese Whiz and Provolone are traditional cheeses used in a Philly cheese steak but you can use any cheese you would like to add!
Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Skillet
Low-carb Philly cheese steak skillet is perfect for your dinner-table. Juicy steak cooked with bell-peppers and onions.. yummilicious! This recipe is just simple and absolutely keto-friendly.
Course: dinner, Main Course
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Okay Reviews
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Rib eye (thinly-sliced) Steaks8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (sliced) Green Bell Pepper
- 1 (sliced) Red Bell Pepper1/2 pound White American Cheese, sliced
- ½ (thinly sliced) White onion
- 2 cloves (chopped) Garlic
- Heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the steak pieces and sear on each side for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Remove from the skillet. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add your vegetables, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened. While your vegetables are cooking, preheat your broiler to high heat.
- Once your vegetables are cooked through, add your steak back to your skillet. Stir to mix the juices from your vegetables with your steak.
- Layer the cheese on top of the steak and vegetables.
- Place your oven proof skillet under the broiler to allow the cheese to brown and melt.
Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 1g