With only 4 ingredients you can make this sugar free version of Strawberry you always have on your hands. There are 2 way to make; use as fresh or frozen strawberries you can make this in chunks or as soft as you want.
How do you Condense the Jam ?
Use Xanthan Gum to given thickens in this Jam recipe. Chia Seeds are also another method to thicken Sugar free Jam but for right consistency you only need 1 tbsp of Xanthan Gum. Pectin not recommended because it has a lot of sugar.
CAN YOU EAT SUGAR FREE JAM AS KETO?
Yes you can. You can easily use this sugar free Jam as keto as long as you want. Take some least quantity of carbs as possible.
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR CANNING?
Yes, you can conserve this jam by canning. Make some several batches while the process of canning. It’s all up to you but take some expert advice before this process.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY JAM
This keto jam recipe starts with pureeing whole strawberries. You can use fresh or frozen and you can choose to leave them a little chunky. Squash them in a food processor or blender.
The puree is then added to a small sauce pan with water, sugar free sweetener, lemon juice, and Xanthan gum for thickening. Whisk that all together until the Xanthan gum and sweetener dissolve.
Then we bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer until it is thick and jam like. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
We like to serve this delicious jam with our 90 second bread recipe and butter. At only 2 net carbs for 2 tablespoons, you can layer it on thick. Enjoy!
Keto Strawberry Jam
Strawberry Jam has always been one of my favorites but I avoided it because of all the sugar. Now you can take pleasure in this home-produced Keto Strawberry Jam without any hesitation! You won’t believe how easy it is!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Author: Okay Reviews
- 10 Ounces Whole Strawberries (about 9 large strawberries)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup Granular Sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Puree the strawberries in your food processor until they come out nice and smooth. Should be 1 1/4 cup after blended. (you can also leave them a little more chunky)
- In medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, add your pureed strawberries, water, sweetener, lemon juice and Xanthan gum.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 more minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and set aside to thicken.
- Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, and then pour into jelly jars with lids.
- Should make 1 1/3 cups of jam.
- This will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR CANNING?: Yes, you can conserve this jam by canning. Make some several batches while the process of canning. It’s all up to you but take some expert advice before this process.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 1g