This Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole recipe is so simple to make and can easily be used all week long. This keto breakfast casserole contains all the nutritious ingredients such as spinach, mushrooms, eggs and bacon. This delicious breakfast casserole is so cheesy and yummy to have and yes it’s absolutely low-carb.
You can also double the quantity and reserve it in larger casserole to take it to a brunch or meal-prep.
How to make the Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
To get this breakfast casserole started, I first had to sauté my mushrooms and spinach with some garlic. I sliced 8 ounces of mushrooms and I used a 5 ounce container of baby spinach. It only took a few minutes to get the mushrooms a little soft and the spinach wilted down.
To get started, slice 8 ounce of mushrooms and take 5 ounce container of baby spinach. Sauté mushrooms and spinach with some garlic. It will take only few minutes to get the spinach wilted down and the mushrooms to be soft. At the same time, cook and drain the bacon too.
Beat the eggs and put half and half and cheese into it, then add cooked mushrooms and spinach into it. I am not adding bacon into the casserole, I will just garnish it on the top instead (you can put cooked and chopped bacon or sausages into the casserole). If I was adding it I would use 6 slices of cooked bacon or half a pound of sausages into the casserole.
Now pour the mixture into a 9×9 greased casserole dish and bake it for half an hour at 375F (or until the center is set).
*you can check it by inserting a butter knife into the center of this keto breakfast casserole.
Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
This Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole recipe is so simple to make and can easily be used all week long. This delicious breakfast casserole is so cheesy and yummy to have and yes it’s absolutely low-carb.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Author: Okay Reviews
- 12 large beaten Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cloves (minced) Garlic
- 8 ounces (sliced) Mushrooms
- 5 ounces Raw baby spinach
- 4 Slices Thick cut bacon, cooked and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F and spray cooking spray on a 9 x 9 casserole.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly. Add in the cheese.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute more. Finally, add in the spinach and mix in with the mushrooms. Continue to sauté until the spinach is wilted. Then remove from the heat.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms to the bowl with the eggs. Mix to combine.
- Pour into the greased casserole and arrange the bacon pieces on top.
- Put it in a pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes (or until the casserole is set in the middle).
- Serve hot, or wrap portions in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge up to 1 week.
- You can easily double this recipe and use a 9×13 casserole dish. And bake it for 45 minutes or until set.
- You can absolutely use heavy cream as a substitute of half and half if you want a lower carb count.
- You can add cooked sausage or crumbled bacon into the casserole. I would use 1/2 pound of sausage cooked and crumbled, or 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled. Add it to the egg mixture with the mushrooms and spinach.
- You can check the doneness of casserole by inserting a butter knife into the center of this keto breakfast casserole.
- Freezing method: you can bake the casserole in a foil pan then cool it, cover up with foil and then freeze up. Or you can also bake it first then remove it from pan, wrap it firmly with foil and then freeze.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 0.6g